Why Parking Lot and Driveway Drainage is Necessary?
Proper drainage systems for your parking lot and driveways are often missed and overlooked while installing the pavements. Standing and overflowing water might look harmless at first but can become a serious issue for your commercial or residential property if overlooked for longer periods of time. It will not only cause flooding and create problems for pedestrians and vehicles but can damage the asphalt. Oxygen and UV rays can work together with the standing water and may cause cracks in pavements, thereby seeping into the subsoil. To prevent these problems, you must consider proper drainage to enhance the longevity of your driveways and parking lots and lower the repair and maintenance costs.
If you see pooling or running water in the middle of your parking lots, consider calling our services to address the issue. Our technicians can offer slope corrections, repair catch basins and install curbs and gutters for easy water flow.
Benefits of Installing Drainage System
Installing parking lot and driveway drainage at your property can have the following advantages:
- Improves the bearing capacity of your parking lots, providing overall safety to the vehicles;
- Minimizes parking lot erosion by controlling the water flow;
- Enhances the longevity of the terrain and reduces repair and maintenance costs;
- Increased traffic safety by ensuring no pooling water on the surface;
- Maintains the appearance of your property;
- Reduces the frequency of repair and maintenance activities.
Common Issues with Parking Lot Drainage
Drainage issues can pose a serious threat to the functionality and integrity of your property. If you lack proper driveway or parking lot drainage, it may not only puddle up the standing water but also cause great difficulty for pedestrians and vehicles to move and ultimately might result in serious pavement damage. Some common problems with trench drains are:
- Cracked pavements are difficult to clean and maintain.
- If the load is too high on the driveways, it might create pressure and break.
- Clogged drains will cause backflow of water, causing flooding.
- Growth of bacteria on the surface can lead to foul odour around your property.
If you encounter such issues, it is recommended for you to get the installation, repair and maintenance of the parking lot done right away!